Friday, October 7, 2011

It's A Contest!!!

Hi guys! Sorry it has been forever since I last posted.  Since my last post, several things have happened-I started back at my old job and picked up more riding lessons and I got a new horse.  A friend of my has had some health issues and needed to get rid of two horses, a mare and her 3 year old colt.  He could no longer care for them, and yes, I am very aware that this colt needs some weight so please do not tell me that.  Since I have had him he has started gaining weight, but you need to do it slowly and safely and not just throw feed to them.  I assure you-this horse is being well cared for now.  I knew I did not want the mare so I sold her before I ever brought her home.  As for the 3 year old gelding, I hope to make him my futurity colt for next year.  I know this will not be easy since he could barely be lead around when I picked him up last Wednesday.  We have been working most days and he is improving greatly, but now, he needs a name.  I am going to be holding a contest to name this horse.  He also needs a registered name so registered names as well as barn names will be accepted.  Just post your name and name suggestion at the bottom of this page.  I will be taking names until Tuesday morning at 12:01AM and then I will allow everyone to vote on the suggestion until Friday at noon.  Then Friday evening I will post the results and the winner will get a horse lover's prize package.  Here are a few pictures to help you get a feel for him.  I know a few of them are very dark, but maybe they will help some.  Thanks for your help in advance!  Also, you can enter as many times as you like!


4 comments:

  1. Several people are having problems commenting on this site so you can also send your answers in by Twitter- @Wishingwindsran or email at wishingwindsranch@gmail.com and I will post all the names we have gotten on Wednesday so everyone can vote. Thanks for all the participation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Name Suggestions: Rebel or Rusty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Registered Name: Runnin for Gold, Rusty Run aka Rusty, Turn N' Go aka Te (Te is actually my guys barn name..so it's a great name)

    ReplyDelete