Monday, June 6, 2011

High School Rodeo

As most of you know I train horses and give riding lessons.  Over the last weekend of May, the South Carolina High School Rodeo Association, held their state finals.  My students did GREAT!  I was so proud of the girls I work with and the horses I have trained.  It was a weekend of triumph and tragedy.  On Friday afternoon a Junior High girl's horse fell on her and she ended up dying Saturday morning.  I did not know Lauren McKenzie Mathias so I do not feel I am a good person to comment on the tragedy, but I do know she will be missed greatly in the rodeo world. (For more information on this accident please go to http://www.cbhnews.com/)
But on a better note, there were great runs and lots of fun.  Here are a few pictures I took over the course of the weekend.  And I had to include the best pole run of the weekend made on a WWR trained horse.
The arena judge.

Two of my students.

Getting ready to rope.

Nannie Slamming/Goat Tying

The saddles that were given away to the Year End Winners!


This is the best pole run of the weekend.
Hope everyone is having a great week!
~Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment