Sunday, December 18, 2011

4H

Most of you that know anything about me know that I am involved in with our local 4H club. 4H was a part of my life when I was younger and I feel that I am a better person because of it. Because of that I feel like I should give back to a program that gave so much to me. I volunteer with a horse club in Lexington. I am not the leader although I probably should be I just do not feel like I have the time to devote to the program in order to give the children what they really need so an amazing lady named Julie Harmon is the leader and she is doing a SUPERB job! This is only her first year and the club's first year and so far things are going great! Last week we had our Christmas party. We had a weenie roast and spent some time on the horse since during our regular meetings we spend time drilling facts into their heads and not riding all the time. We did some bareback work and then we played games. We had a rescue the snowman race and then a wheelbarrow race-which I have never done before. I must say we had a blast! Here are just a few pictures from the festivities!

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment